HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Before Registration - You can access Calculators, live SIP Returns, Sync old Folio, etc... After-Registration you can start Investment
Registration - To access the StarSip application, you will be asked to register for an account. This involves creating a Username and Password (collectively, "Login Credentials")
Investment - To avail the functionality of our investment services and start investing, you will require to provide us with certain additional information such as:
- Contact Details such as name, father's name, age, e-mail address etc.
- Demographic Data such as your mailing address, pin-code etc.
- Bank account details with which you will be investing
- Any other documents required under mutual fund KYC norms such as PAN card details and address proof, etc. (collectively, your "Registration Information").
2. We further need the following :
Kindly provide us with the correct banking details as upon redemption of any mutual fund, the company can send the proceeds directly to the customer's mentioned bank account. Photographic evidence verifying your bank account such as image of the first page of the passbook or any cancelled cheque in order to verify that the bank account belongs to the Customer. We may also ask for additional personal information from time to time to meet new regulatory requirements or to provide you with other benefits of our Services.
In case you wish to track investments made outside StarSip, we will require your E- mail Id registered with the mutual fund folios. We use this Email Id to generate and deliver your mutual fund account statements that will be delivered to your inbox. Our systems automatically read the relevant email with the subject "CONSOLIDATED ACCOUNT STATEMENT CAMS/KARVY Mail - back Request" to process your investment information seamlessly and display it on the app for you to track.We assure you that emails with any other subject apart from the one mentioned above are not read/opened by us. In case, you do not wish to provide us with the your E-mail id registered with the mutual funds, you will be required to manually upload your investment related information on our application to access our services and keep track of the investments made without using our platform.
3. StarSip will use information to better serve you and enhance your experience with the Services. Here are some examples of the ways we use your information:
- To send you investment related information.
- To administer your account.
- To conduct research and analysis.
- To provide you monthly investment statement.
- To send marketing materials, if opted.
- To respond to customer service inquiries.
- To improve our access to the App.
- To facilitate the processing of a data between you and a third party.
4. Sharing your personal information:
Under no circumstance will we sell or rent your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time. Access to your Login Credentials, Registration Information, and any other personal information you provide is restricted and used in accordance with specific internal procedures in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
We share your investment related information to BSE STAR MF platform in order to verify your credentials to meet our regulatory obligations.
We may also use third party vendors, professionals such as advisors, mutual fund distributors or service providers to help us provide services to you, such as maintaining the track record of your investment or couriering documents to you on our behalf or operating the payment gateway functionality of the website. Such third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them under contract and under law.
If your advisor terminates his or her relationship with us and moves to another investment advisory firm ("New Firm"), we or your advisor/ mutual fund distributors may disclose your personal information to the New Firm, unless you instruct us not to.
5. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information in the scope and in situations as required by the law and when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, to report suspected illegal activity, comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or decisions, or legal process served on our website.
6. We may also use Your information, and/ or permit selected third parties including service providers, on the Website, with Your prior consent, to use Your information or provide you with such information which may be of interest to you and we and/ or they may contact you about the same. If You wish to be so contacted by the third parties, any information you provide to such third parties may be read, collected, and used by them. Notwithstanding the above mentioned, you may choose to stop receiving such information from the third parties by writing to us at Starsipcare@gmail.com
7. Third party websites:
8. Information storage and security:
We have implemented a wide range of measures in order to ensure the security and confidentiality of your data. These include physical, and administrative safeguards such as firewalls, data encryption, SSL and other up-to-date technologies.
No security measures, however, are 100% complete. Therefore, we do not promise and cannot guarantee, and thus you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will not be collected and used by others. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for the unauthorized use of your information or for any lost, stolen, compromised passwords, or for any activity on your Account via unauthorized password activity.
We cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is being transmitted over the Internet and through servers that are out of our control. We do our best to protect your personal information but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to our Website or Services. Therefore, if you make any data transmissions over the Internet, you are doing it at your own risk. Once we receive the data transmission, we make our best efforts to ensure its security and privacy on our systems.
9. How you can access and update your personal information:
Your personal information is yours. To access or update your information, please login and make changes as required. Some of these changes may require you to provide documentary evidence. As an added security measure, we may require additional proof of identity prior to such disclosure. Remember to keep your Login Credentials safe and secret to prevent unauthorized access to your StarSip account. If you think that the security of your account has been compromised, change your password and contact assistance. us immediately for further assistance.
The date of last revision appears at the top and all changes take effect immediately upon posting. For the purposes of this policy, "personal information" means any information that can be used to identify you personally.
12. If you have any questions regarding this policy, do get in touch with us at: